Pills (including the minipill for nursing mothers)
• Injectables (taken every 2 or 3 months, depending on the type selected)
• Implant • Intra -Uterine Device (IUD) • Male Condom
• Female Condom • Lactational Amenorrhoea Method (LAM) i.e Exclusive breastfeeding
• Bilateral Tubal Ligation (BTL- permanent method for women)
• Vasectomy (permanent method for men).
Yes. Some of the modern methods have side effects. Side effects are not signs of illness. Some women do not have them at all. Most side effects become less or stop within a short period. The client should go back to the provider for help if the side effects bother them.